The captive insurance industry is a dynamic one; with ongoing innovation and regulatory changes it is important to keep informed and up-to-date on the latest developments. Will a new court decision affect your captive insurance company? Why are more companies turning to the captive industry to help manage their risks? Does traditional insurance meet your financial and risk needs?
Find useful captive information along with the latest news about the captive insurance industry, and the Utah Insurance Department here.
- 2/16/2017 - Legislative and other captive issues update - A brief update of proposed legislative changes currently being discussed, IRS Notice 2016-66 response, online forms update and best practices, and UCIA updates.
- 6/24/2016 - Legislative Changes - An introduction to YouTube for Utah Captive information updates, 'how to' videos, and the captive legislative changes that occured in 2016.
- 8/26/2015 - UCIA Summer Webinar - Webinar providing updates to recently passed captive legislation, proposed upcoming legislation, and technological innovations currently under development by the Utah Insurance Department to better service Utah domiciled captive companies.
- 4/1/2015 - Captive update from Utah Legislative Session Most changes are effective May 12, 2015 (not 7/1/15 as noted in the PDF).
- 8/12/2014 - David Snowball, Utah Captive Insurance Director, interview with AM Best TV at the VCIA Conference. Please select the Utah interview.